I was talking with a friend of mine who is much elder than me. We were talking about the aftermath of Godhra Case and i said it was a wrong done by some people. He corrected me by saying, it was a MISTAKE.
I was confused when i heard that it was a mistake. So i was asking myself, while making a mistake, can people kill more than a thousand people, most of them from one particular community? But i feel both the Godhra fire incident as well as the aftermath killings were well planned, who ever have done both.
Mistakes can be corrected. But once mistake is made on a picture, the picture can not be corrected and remains Spoiled. I think a simple word "Mistake" is not a good explanation or justification for anyone who involves in killing of innocent people.
I was confused when i heard that it was a mistake. So i was asking myself, while making a mistake, can people kill more than a thousand people, most of them from one particular community? But i feel both the Godhra fire incident as well as the aftermath killings were well planned, who ever have done both.
Mistakes can be corrected. But once mistake is made on a picture, the picture can not be corrected and remains Spoiled. I think a simple word "Mistake" is not a good explanation or justification for anyone who involves in killing of innocent people.
No one can ever justify killing of innocent people, whatever may be the causes of provocation. A ‘wrong’ cannot be corrected by another ‘wrong’.
ReplyDeleteI think your friend might also have the same concern as you. May be he was talking in the language of science. In science, the term ‘mistake’ is used to denote a ‘gross error’ which could be avoided by care on the part of an experimenter.